// Mom's Spaghetti Sauce

Sometimes I CRAVE spaghetti. I can't be the only one, right? But there are very few sauces that satisfy my cravings as much as this one. CAUSE HOLY COW. It's good. I mean, at least I think so. The capers and the olives and the fresh herbs, there's really no beating it to me. Plus, it's halfway between made-from-scratch and the convenience of store bought sauce. It's like best of both worlds! Delicious and quick. Yes.


// Mom's Spaghetti Sauce
1 onion, chopped
1-2 tbsp olive oil
3 garlic cloves, finely diced
3 roma tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cup red wine
1/4 cup halved Kalamata olives
1 tbsp capers
1 tbsp brown sugar
6 fresh basil leaves
1 fresh sprig oregano
1/2 jar spaghetti sauce (I like the bertolli tomato basil)
salt and pepper to taste

1. Sautee onions in olive oil on medium heat, stirring occasionally to keep from burning. After about 5-10 minutes, add garlic. Sautee together for about 10 more minutes, or until both are golden.
2. Add roma tomatoes and splash of red wine. Let that simmer for about 10 minutes or until tomatoes have broken down and the mix has thickened a bit.
3. Add olives, capers, and brown sugar. Cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add spaghetti sauce, basil, oregano, and salt and pepper. Simmer for 15 more minutes.
5. Serve with pasta, a sprinkle of parmesan, and enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts