// Town Lake Metropolitan Park

A few days ago I was driving through some back roads (to avoid highway traffic) and passed by this park along the lake. It was so pretty looking that I dragged Eliza and Jordan back one evening this weekend to walk and explore. We went right as the sun was beginning to go down and it was *so* beautiful.

Also, it feels good to carry around my camera again. I sure did miss it.

Also, also, boyfriend is actually pretty good at taking pictures too. (he's a keeper!)

IMG_1787 IMG_1816
(she's really into taking pictures of all her cool new gymnastics moves. It's quite entertaining)
IMG_1807 IMG_1819 IMG_1822 IMG_1849 IMG_1852IMG_1862IMG_1895IMG_1873 IMG_1875 IMG_1892IMG_1904 IMG_1910 IMG_1911
I think my weekend was a lot better in retrospect than it was during the actual weekend. I had a lot of anxiety which was a bummer and was easily irritated (sorry, fam). But all in all, I think it was ok. It really wasn't' bad at all. We watched a movie with Eliza one night, went to a new park ^^, watched IT without Eliza, made chocolate cake, cinnamon rolls, and apple turnovers (not at the same time), Eliza and I gave each other makeovers while Jordan went to play pool, and Eliza even got in some time to play with her friends. Other than that, I worked a bit, laid around and *tried* to be lazy. And probably cleaned. I guess it was a typical weekend? 

I'm trying to be less focused on DOING things and just enjoying my days as they come. I keep telling myself that it's winter and my body and mind want to just chill. It's ok to have a cozy, slow weekend. It's ok to relax. It's ok to do nothing and give myself a break. It's just become so routine for me to always be doing something productive and I need to relearn how to take breaks I guess. Well, one weekend at a time. 

Comments

Popular Posts